Step inside, take a deep breath and relax. As you enter there is an immediate sense of a calm, chic and welcoming atmosphere. The reception is friendly and the facility is stunning with turn-of-the-century tin ceilings, dark hardwood floors and soft neutral colors offset by a surprise splash of bright color. The walls are adorned by a gallery of gorgeous local paintings. This is where the healing arts meets the visual arts. Guests are encouraged to walk around and enjoy the art work; while sipping on warm tea or infused water.
Whether it's relaxation, therapeutic recovery or searching for a perfect gift, Spa Moab is the place for you. A sampling of massage treatments offered include Hot Stone massage, Deep Tissue, Prenatal, and our signature Spa Moab Massage. New to the massage menu is “It's Back”, a massage that's just for your back. The service includes the use of hot stones, warm compresses and specific massage techniques that are focused on the back, shoulders and neck. Another new addition is the 60 minute Ultimate Pedicure. Take your feet on the ultimate journey with an aroma-therapeutic foot ritual that has been customized to meet your specific needs. A choice of vegan, non-toxic polish is included in the service.
Facials are customized for each individual and can treat sun damage, fine lines, acne and more. The experienced estheticians are enthusiastic about great skin care, and love sharing first hand knowledge about treating skin in this harsh high desert environment. Spa Moab offers two product lines, both are very high quality, professional and result driven. A neck, shoulder, scalp and foot massage with warm booties are included in the facials.
Spa Moab stocks an eclectic mix of gifts, jewelry, clothing, products and baby items that reflect their deep commitment to sustainability. You will also find hand-crafted items with regional character or an innovative use of materials, like bags and wallets made from re-purposed bicycle inner tubes, glassware and candles made from old wine bottles, jewelry fashioned from recycled metals.
The helpful staff can create a thoughtful gift for someone you care about. Custom gift baskets are available, as well as gift certificates. Making Holiday shopping easy! Perfect for women, men, employees or business associates.
Spa Moab's December Specials:
Berry Beautiful Facial
As the seasons change we welcome the crisp days of winter with our exciting Berry Beautiful Facial. High in powerful antioxidants, vitamins, phytochemicals and nutrients, cranberries and pomegranates help to heal skin from our long summer. 50 minutes $75
Solstice Stone Massage
This treatment offers a total body experience by combining hot stones and fragrant aromatherapy oils in a nourishing and relaxing ritual. Massage of warm stones are used to stimulate circulation while enhancing the therapeutic effects of the essential oils, providing deep relaxation and leaving you feeling balanced and revitalized.
50 minutes $85 80 minutes $120
by Antje Rath
Antje Rath is a Clinical Mental Health Counselor. Her practice is located in the Allen Medical Plaza at Moab Regional Hospital.
She can be reached at 435-719-5550
Holidays can be a difficult time if you are coping with the loss of someone you love and often changes how you feel about celebrating. Some people try to keep holiday rituals the same but find their heart just is not in it while some people try to do something completely different to escape the memories, but still find they are struggling with grief. If you are grieving this holiday season, here are some ideas to help you through this emotionally challenging time:
• Be gentle with yourself. You don’t have to meet anybody’s expectations. Decide what feels most comfortable or comforting for you and go for it. If that means you won’t have the whole family over for Christmas dinner or you won’t decorate the house this year – so be it. Not everybody will understand but that is okay.
• Take some time for yourself but don’t isolate yourself completely. Make space to write in your journal, to cry, to pray, to meditate. But also make an effort to be with others, find people who can listen and understand so you can share your story. If possible, include your loved one in your celebration. Light a candle for him or her, share a favorite memory when you say grace, hang a special ornament on the tree, or propose a toast in his or her honor. If you don’t feel like buying or even receiving presents, ask friends and family to make a donation in your loved one’s name, maybe to a charity that was close to their heart.
• Tell friends and family how they can help. People who love you want to do something for you but they often don’t know what you need. Asking for specifics (“please bring a dish for dinner”, “please come over and help me decorate”, or “please look at pictures with me and let me cry”) makes them feel useful and they are usually more than happy to do that for you.
• Think about reaching out to others in need. This might be a hard thing to do the first year after your loved one died but in the following years it can be comforting to volunteer in a hospital, a soup kitchen, a homeless shelter, or at the humane society. WabiSabi offers a community dinner on Christmas and they are always looking for volunteers.
• Share your feelings with others who are grieving at our local grief support group. The group is held the first and third Wednesday of every month at the Grand County Library from 6pm-7:30pm. In December, that will be December 5th and 19th.
The world and the holidays will never be the same without the person you have lost. But you will find a new normal without ever losing your love for the person who died. You will be able to feel joy and peace again, and, someday, happiness.
South Town Gym Presents 2nd Annual Weight Loss Challenge
The Biggest Loser informational meeting will be held at South Town Gym on Thursday January 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM. From last year’s experience we know this to be an informational and highly motivational approach to weight loss and good health.
Last year South Town Gym hosted 50 participants for the 12 week program which included daily prescribed exercise routines in our facility and weekly educational experiences about nutrition and overall health. Session this year will include classes from experts in nutrition, wellness and healthy lifestyles. The program will also include last year’s favorite activities such as; sand hill climb, Canyonlands 5 mile run, weekly “last chance workouts,” and excursions and adventures to local outdoor attractions.
The major focus of the program is to encourage participants to establish a healthy lifestyle through exercise and proper food choices and foster camaraderie while encouraging weight loss. Last year as a group we lost a total of over 1000 pounds in a 12 week period. Participants challenged and encouraged each other to work hard, exercise regularly and eat sensibly. The monetary rewards of the program while substantial were not the most beneficial aspects of The Biggest Loser program at South Town Gym. All programs will be overseen by our licensed Athletic Trainer and programs will be led by experienced exercise personnel.
Last year participants expressed a high level of satisfaction with the program and many went on to better exercise habits and a healthier life routine. We look forward to working with another group of Moab citizens striving to reach personal wellness goals and a healthier lifestyle. We are confident that this program will help them attain that goal. The gym encourages all those who participated last year to join us and extend the experience and also invite anyone interested in better health and wellness to participate with us.
South Town Gym is now in our 3rd year serving the San Juan and Grand County community's needs for fitness training with a professional and friendly environment. As we approach our 3rd season we are mindful of the many friends and associations we have made over the past year. Many people have discovered the benefits of a lifestyle which includes fitness programs which are available at the South Town Gym. Our programs have encouraged and motivated many of you to opt for a healthier and more fulfilling lifestyle.
Our 2013 season will include many of the programs that we offered last year with some additional new offerings. We will continue to offer all of the following amenities:
• 22 State of the Art Cardio Fitness Machines
• A large selection of Free Weights and Cybex Strength Training Machines
• A Private Women’s Section
• Tanning Beds
• Functional Training area, Physio balls, Bosu balls, Plyometric, Stability and Agility equipment.
• Spinning Bikes
• 28 Flat Screen TVs
• Mixed Martial Arts Facility
• Dance Studio
• Lockers, Showers, and Dressing Room
To help our members maintain and improve their quality of life, we will continue offering a variety of cardio classes and activities which will help them in this endeavor. Class offerings that will be available include:
• Becky’s Dance Aerobics
• Spin Classes
• Cross Training Extreme
• Body Rock Classes
• Lunch Crunch w/Erin
We will continue to offer a functional Dance Studio where classes will be offered by “Simply Dance” for children from 3yrs-18yrs. Additional features at South Town Gym for this age group include kids Mixed Martial Arts.
Our daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual memberships have not been increased and members can expect to find the same quality equipment and programs that were included in last year’s memberships. For those of you who are not yet familiar with our amenities we offer the following as part of our regular membership:
• Use of all exercise facilities (Main Gym, Private Women’s Section, Functional Training Area and Mixed Martial Arts Room.)
• Tanning Beds
• Showers and Dressing Rooms
• A Personalized Training Program
• Keyfob (deposit required)
• Unlimited access 4am-12am
• Infra-Red Sauna
• Accurate Professional Scale
We would love for the community to come in and tour our facilities, meet the staff, and familiarize yourself with our programs. We are located at 1070 S. Highway 191 Moab, UT 84532. Office hours are Mon-Fri 9-5. We are on the web at: www.moabgym.com. You can contact us at email@example.com or 435-259-5775.